Monday, December 19, 2011

Robert Speer Recommends a Similar Path

This post from December 16 came just as I was typing up my own recommendations:

How to get into Web Development with NO degree and NO debt

Robert emphasizes career building and jobs getting more than I.  Actually in the sidebar I don't talk about those at all.  My assumption was that as you make the climb through the LAMP stack you'd get the lay of the land, jobs-wise.

I'm 100% with Robert that the way to demonstrate skill is just that, to demonstrate skill.  If you create your own website, from scratch, and can describe your methods, you have a good presentation for any prospective employer.

People who just bolt together pieces they don't really understand will not fare so well.

(I plan a future post on the whole "badging" phenomenon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment